For my first book in the what's in a name challenge 5 I have finished: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (dwelling.) If you like mythology (Egyptian), adventure, turning into birds, having a dad that is a god, having a different god trying to kill you, and your cat Muffin becoming your supervisor than this is the book for you.
This is a story of two powreful children, Sadie and Carter Kane, going on a CRAZY adventuer to save their father from the evil god Set. But the weird thing is Set is their dad's brother. So the kids are on a misson to kill or hurt their uncle. But Set is not going to make this easy on them: they are in for one of the rides of their life.
This is a good fiction story, one of the best I have ever read. So I would say this is a good book for any age. But even a better adventure book. Many people like these books and I am one of them. Oh and this the first book in The Kane Chronicles series.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
This is my third year doing the What's in a Name Challenge. Here is my reading list. This year I'm going to try and beat my mom again, like I did the first time!
What’s in a Name 5
1. Great Bear Lake By: Erin Hunter (Topographical feature)
2. Son of Neptune By: Rick Riordan (Something in the sky)
3. The Witches of Worm By: Zilpha Keatley Synder(Creepy crawly)
The Red Pyramid By: Rick Riordan (Dwelling)
5. The Mark of Athena By: Rick Riordan (Something in your purse)
6. The Summer of Moonlight Secrets By: Danette Haworth (Something on a calendar)